Wednesday, April 27, 2011

riding ETS again..

I’m heading for Ipoh tonight via ETS (Electronic Train Service). Was rushing home from work and the weather was bad which causing the traffic to be congestedly bad as well. Fetch the children from their daycare center and rush home for a quick shower before we embark to KL Sentral - right in the middle of KL city centre, which is roughly half an hour from our home. You see, I had to fetch my parents and bring over my brother's car and there's no other free time to do it, other than in the middle of the week.

My daughter is tagging along with the journey and the ticket for KL-Ipoh cost RM30 for adult and RM19 for each child. Given the fact that this would be the second ride, I have now keep an open eye for more details of the whole scene. I noticed that the luminaires provided over the lobby of Platform B, seems not to be sufficient enough as the whole ambience was quite dim rather than brightly lighted. And if it were not with the 'help' from all the retail kiosk nearby the whole ambience would be vividly dimmer. As I did my theorical study on lighting and its efficiency, I would dare say that the whole ambience need some rectification, so it'll be agood task for the electrical engineer to go back and do their maths - which is what they're are best at.

Upon embarking the train, it was being annouced that the journey was estimated to be 2hrs 13mins and if everything goes well, I shall reach Ipoh by 11pm. It didn't missed my attention that the uniform wear by cabin crew were a little bit out of corporate quality - a collared jersey to represent ETS corporate service attire, which I believe should be improved as it lacks in terms of presentation.

While on board, I’m testing my mobile broadband and so far the connection was doing okay at certain places and it goes off at certain other places, but overall I can still log on to my FB and also blog this out, superb.
Safety precautions that I’m applying here while travelling with little toddler is, everything is close intact with me – every important essential that is, so that when she had to go to the loo, I’m always ready to move.

The whole 2hrs journey seems fast, and as scheduled, provided the train stops at 9 stations altogether. We finally arrived in Ipoh after 2hrs 15mins!! And everything was smooth...