Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A day-trip to Lumut

It's been awhile since the last time I went to Lumut (that was mid of 2009!). Leaving Subang Jaya at 10:30am, I tap into Elite and choosing the Guthrie Hiway by Shah Alam exit over continuous NKVE (you know, Damansara-Sg.Buloh-Rawang route) upon believing this would be a faster option ..hehe. Through this route, I would tap into NKVE via Rawang Selatan and drive all the way North before choosing to exit via Bidor . Again, I believe it would be shorter route if time is an essence to you. Of course you may opt for the federal road via coastal Kuala Selangor route if you are coming from Shah Alam or Sg.Buloh - it would be a toll-free route and you would have the country view, but as I did before, it would not help you much if time is an essence to you (bear in mind of those numerous traffic lights, and 'slow-coaches' and traffic-hoggers and of course you would want to enjoy the scenery)

Anyway, the road was not as bad as it was in 2008, so the journey was quite okay and I manage to reach Manjung around 2pm. Found a good spot for lunch - the stall is nearby the entrance junction to Teluk Batik and it serves variations of authentic Malay dishes - which I hardly able to find in KL. Also it serves a huge variations of plain salad (ulam-ulaman) NICE!!

Overall, there has been new development here and there, both in Manjung as well in Lumut. A good sign of good economy booms for the locals. Of course there are more building housing the birds everywhere - an industry of 'bird's nest' production rather than housing for us-human!

the Lumut Jetty (this ain't mine!)
The Lumut Project  would be the first project I ever completed as a Project Architect. I would regard it as a personal accomplishment even though I was not involved in the preliminary design stage of it, but I take full pride of adhering the whole process from tender to completion. Today, would be the final day before we-the Architect, release the full responsibility to the Client. It's their baby now - in fact after 3 full years, it's actually their grown up toddler. Inspection went smooth, with minor defect to rectify so we end up the day with tea-session by the Lumut Jetty.

I left Lumut around 5pm and went for another tea-session with 'old-fren' in Manjung. Finally make the move back to KL about 6:30pm. Another 'pit-stop' for dinner - which actually were not plan for but wanted to try the famous Nasi Kandar of Gulam Rasul in Teluk Intan (err..for my taste - I won't go for second). Anyway, reach home around 10:30pm.. e x h a u s t e d!!