Thursday, February 9, 2012

Palace Hotel Kota Kinabalu

I chose this hotel because other participants of this visit were here and no further reason that. If I were to chose a hotel, in Kota Kinabalu, I would rather choose those that were located within the walking distance of  the beach or the city centre, so that I don't have to depends on other mode of transportation other than my own two feet. It will make a different if I were here on leisure and I have all the time to cover places on my own sweet time by hiring a car. Since, I'm here on my own and I have specific programme within very limited time that being permitted, so this is the sort of arrangement that I have to deal with.

The hotel is actually located nearby the city centre but not within walking distance of any other places of interest and furthermore the entrance route to this particular hotel were diverted further from the actual distance that you think where it was located (it seems near but drifted away kind of place). However if you prefer a more privacy, and away from all those bickering traffic pollution, this could be your spot. The hotel wasn't as posh as it name, nothing close to any palace in the world that is, but limited to just a basic comfortable hotel with all the basic amenities that you would wish a hotel to have. I mean, look at the price you are paying, so be fair. And I guess, from looking from these two photos that I uploaded you can basically imagine the whole scenario (you can actually get more info from Palace Hotel own website).

Bathroom was very basic, nothing posh. If I were to compare the same room rate of Vistana, I believe I'm getting a little bit less in terms of spaciousnes and layout design. The only complain would be; the vertical blind of its window IRRITATE me the whole entire night as it can't be pull down any lower to cover the entire window and I kept seeing those neon lights from afar. Am all grumpy for that, thank you.