Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Kota Bharu Central Market is a 'Female market'?

This particular market in Kota Bharu which were made popular by the fact that majority of the trader are FEMALE. Known as Pasar Siti Khadijah, it is located in the city center and it's a one stop center for any tourist visiting Kota Bharu as you can get almost everything under one roof. Of course you would notice a different dialect of lingual used here (I'm a Malaysian but most of the time I do have hard time understanding them..hehe) so, if you could get your local friends to tag along would be better, but if you are on your own, I think it wouldn't be much problem - they're all friendly people and charmingly sweet too! 

I've been here more than 15 years ago, and it hasn't change much except with new coats of paint. It is still as merry as before but me being myself, simply being 'dumb' of not knowing what should I shop for as souvenirs or as appreciation to the local traders. Luckily, I end up buying some 'serunding' (meat cooked in curry gravy till it dries off and shredded for easy consumption)