Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Lipis revisited

The alarm strike obediently at 5am, and as usual, I would immediately snoozed it off to give me few minutes more to snug under the blanket..which contributing more than just couple of minutes, of course, regretfully that is!! It would be the typical attempt of getting-up at the wee hours of the day when I need to make a long-distance drive, which sadistically contributed by the insomniac in me.. Anyway, I was lucky to be able to beat the Duta-stretch morning congestion and make my way ahead to East-Coast Highway.

the twinkling dot in the middle of morning sky - i think it's a star

sparkling star and the jetwave at 630am

more jetwave

the morning twilight

Weather was great through out the in-bound journey and I reach Kuala Lipis within 3 hours drive. This time around, I make the attempt to drive around the town but I was careful not to get myself lost-in the way.

Make a stop at the Red Residence, a two-storey residence of colonial architecture building which has been painted in red. It was a shame that such heritage building were not maintained periodically, every nooks were an example of such ruin of good maintenance. I believe this building stood so grand during its era with the edge of being on the very top most highest level in Lipis.

The Red Residence

Red Residence was  built in 1922

Kuala Lipis - its town centre


And I drove around the town, passing by the post office with the legendary 0-mile stone in front of the building, couple of rows of colonial shop houses with intricate details still intact, the riverfront of Sungai Jelai which steep more than 20 feet down from the road level, and that's basically that..



Owh, meeting went brilliantly well. The client except the proposals which means it will keep me busy for months to come.. Great!! So, it wont be a surprise if I were to make immediate rush to the office... ;P

passing through Lurah Bilut

the journey!

Duta-NKVE stretch at 4pm