Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Architecture:Miscalculation perhaps?



Six huge exhaust fans has attracted me more than anything else of this building. Clearly it is an apartment, with commercial spaces on its lower levels. I presume those exhaust fans are to cater to numbers of eateries that are there. However, what brings to my attention is what I presume the miscalculation by the engineers - previously the exhaust fan were erected with those flue actually facing towards the building. Over the time, it leaves those greasy darker stain on the wall which I believe gives the reason for the flue to change its direction. Even though it has now were set to facing outward, the damaged has been done and nobody seems to take any further action of those stain. If I were to have my property there, it surely deteriorated the value of the property and leaving me with clueless action on how to have my property repainted. Luckily none of those were mine!