Friday, March 16, 2012

Experiencing Hyatt Kuantan



view of Teluk Chempedak
I have been travelling back and forth from Kuala Lumpur to Kuantan on monthly basis for the past 5 years. Most of the time, if there's a need for me to stay, I would choose Vistana as I find it as it fit my specification perfectly  in terms of the location, their hospitality and the comfortable size of their standard rooms. And for what seems to be the final leg of KL-Kuantan journey, I chose to splurge at Hyatt Regency. Fronting the ever famous beach of Kuantan-the Teluk Chempedak, Hyatt has been sync to what Kuantan has to offer since more than 3 decades ago, the beaches and resort style living.

Hospitality and service would receive my full commendation. Check-in was fast. However, I kind of feel that the room kind of 'missing it brilliant sparkle' of a 5-star hotel should be. Perhaps it has come to a time where it really need serious refurbish for the rooms. The internal color scheme was so monochromatic that it has became to mundane to appreciate as a whole therefore it simply turn out to be just a 'plain room'!! However, I appreciate their welcoming fruit basket which come in a good selections of fruits and not just the apple, orange and banana. 



My room located at the ground floor and facing the hillside with immediate view of the tennis court. I was impressed with the landscape though as it has been nurtured well and has matured into a lush gardens and very well maintained. Kudos for the gardener. This is the sort of 'sparkle' that I look for.