Friday, July 6, 2012

Public Transport

It's been more than a decade since the last time I ride on a public transport, a train for instance which explain the sarcasm remark from my other half on weather I could still able to figure out how to ease myself using those facilities. Duhhh!! I am literate enough to read and perhaps I could still ask around if I couldn't fogure out things, but anyway, I make it through the day - smoothly. Managed to reach KL Convention Centre for the Archidex Exhibition in time and get back to the same station just before 6pm of the day so that I could get a ride home again with my other half (there'll be no particular public transport to my residential area other than a taxi and that would cost me a bomb at this very peak hour of the day!)

Anyway, the train ride was smooth and it was a new train altogether where the interior ambience has improve. The route-map is now equipped with indicator representing each station that we are stopping and it also differentiate in color which stations that we have already passed. The train is also in neat condition and surprisingly clean. I guess by not allowing people to eat in the train make a whole lot of difference. 

But getting down at KL Sentral to have a switch of train to enable me to get to KLCC is not as smooth as I anticipate. There seems to be not adequate signage to lead a newbie like me to specific platform, plus the station was so cramp with so many retail activities going on in the middle of the lobby. Personally, I think those existing retail outlet on the sidewalk are sufficient to serves the crowd, and by occupying the central lobby it simply reduce the fluid of movement for people on the rush to places/ train platforms.



Subang Jaya Station - KL bound

the new KTM Commuter train with new route indicator on top of the door

KL Sentral - Putra LRT route to KLCC

inside Putra LRT train