Friday, April 27, 2012

I wish our Libraries would look more like this

While browsing ArchDaily, I came across this particular photo which excites me "how I wish our public libraries could look like this". Most of Malaysian public library have such a monotonous color scheme from the 'favourite' beige scheme and were filled with rows of metal shelves. Adding to that was a non-interesting, lack of maintenance reading area which I reckon a major contributing factor to the lack of interest among malaysian to instill a good habit of reading.

This is a self-reminder that, shall I get the opportunity to produce a design of a library, it should be either as interesting as shown in this photo or much better and it should not come close to any of those existing, pale, deserted libraries!!

http://www.facebook.com/ArchDaily