Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A day-trip to Pelangai

It's Pelangai not pelangi as in rainbows..a unique name for a place 130km away from KL city centre, right in the middle of Pahang (I think!) You would have to exit through Karak from East Cost Hiway, and although it was roughly a 40km away from the town of Karak,  it actually took you more than one hour to get to the place as the road was so narrow and crooked with bad road-surface and landslide at certain part of the roads..the fastest you can go was a mere 40-50km/hr!!

However, since you can't drive fast through your journey, you can enjoy the greens, undisturbed lush of jungle on your left and right, and quite a stretch of durians orchard along the road.. (unluckily it wasn't the season)

And, why do I have to take all the trouble going through such journey? It's part of my job!
Oh, if you have the chance, get yourself to Karak town for good 'nasi lemak' - location: right opposite of Caltex Station and next to Bomba Office! nothing fancy but a good one!!

And, guess what - I was actually driving with an expired driving license - luckily there's a post office where I can immediately get it renewed! phewww..

right in the centre of Karak town
Karak - view from side mirror

where I update my driving licence