Monday, February 22, 2010

Europe Travelogue - Day 5: Zurich Chapter

The Fourth Day actually starts as early as 4 am for me as we have to be ready to leave the hotel at 5am to enable to catch the train to Zurich at 6am. It was a late night for me, packing-up the bags, the souvenirs all that..and I was worried that I couldn't wakes up on time to get things ready to go. Again, we had to walk really early in the morning to the nearest train station (gosh this bag is HEAVY-I have to thicken my face to ask favors from the guys every time we stumble upon staircases) We have to change train in order to get to the station that will get us to Zurich. And I wonder, isn't there any handicap people in Paris?? Because, there ain't any escalator or lifts at any of these stations!! and of course we have to walk fast in fear that we might missed the train.

So, we finally reach the station in time so we boarded the train and finally catch our breathe!! The train was comfortable enough and there's no external sound coming in, so we can actually relax and catch a nap - which actually I don't! The journey takes us pass the time from dawn to morning, enjoying nothing but the bluish-gloomily vistas of snowy landscapes!! Gosh, it was cold!! and from inside the train which going at quite a speed, you can't see much except when it's nearing a station.

When we arrived in Zurich, we had to change our money from Euro to Swiss Franc. Well the toilet cost me 8SF-believe it or not!! but it was neatly clean as similar to a powder room clean!! We kept all our luggage and take a stroll towards what seems 'deserted' old town of Zurich on Saturday (I was told that all the shoppes actually closed on Saturday in Zurich!!) There seems to be a celebrations/parade going on, so we just hang out and enjoy ourselves. We did try to get on another river-cruise but I'm not sure why we can't make it - something to do with the schedule, I think.

The sky was truly of clear azure, and I can see the jetline within it's skyline!! I'm so at awe of such beauty!! We didn't realized that we have spent all day enjoying the parade - it was actually nothing much to brag about but it was fun since we had no where else to go since all other places were closed on Saturday - so forget about shopping ya, guys if you happened to reach Zurich on weekend.

Late in the evening, we walk pass the old town to get to the station where we kept our luggage and headed to our hotel. We have to get on board of a tram to reach our hotel and by the time we reach the place, we have to walk another 500meters or so with our bags. OMG, I didn't realized how exhausted I was when I finally sat myself on the sofa at the reception lobby-and it seems ages for them to process the registration!! I was feeling like the ultraman-blinking-out-red-light of loosing the power anytime!!

When, I reach the room (gosh it was a dreadful 20meters walk from the lift to the door), I really can't think much except I need to catch on my sleep-so freaking tired!! so, managed to popped-in some paracetamol, leave a message to the group leader that I'd definitely give dinner a missed - nothing feels better than a good sleep at that particular moment!!

Well, what happened next was humiliatingly disturbing!! I can't believe I was so deep in sleep that I can't actually noticed any of the ringing phones, ringing door bells even knocks on the door!! SERIOUS aloof of me!! (I'm not sure how deep have I been?!)

Anyway, the fifth day turn out to be better. We headed for tour to Lausanne and Geneva! and we are taking a bus right in front of the hotel ...